Thursday 19 May 2016

Ode To My Ears

Success Criteria For Writing An Ode:
  • Choose an ordinary place, object or thing✔
  • Give your subject praise or thanks eg. Oh✔
  • Speak directly to the object.✔
  • Use descriptive vocabulary to bring the object to life (Personification).✔
  • Use repeated lines.✔
  • New idea, new line. ✔
  • Simile??? ✔




ODE TO MY EARS


Oh, my stylish ears,
helping me to hear,
waggling on the side of my head,
waiting for a story to be read.


The music wafts inside you,
like bubbles that once flew,
you’re always listening to the sounds,
to the barking of my hounds.
Oh my, stylish ears,
You’ve been with me for years and years,
eavesdropping on my sister,
talking about someone who kissed her.


Maybe I could pierce you,
decorate with diamonds of blue,
but I’m pretty sure that it would hurt,
and a little bit of blood would spurt.


I thank you ears for helping me,
you’ll probably will die when I’m ninety three!
And I know you will always be there,
hidden underneath my unmanageable hair.


P- It was really simple!
M- It was hard to come up with rhyming words!
I- I had no idea that I could write an ode so easily!



1 comment:

  1. All your words are rhyming. Well Done. Making a poem like this is wonderful and does flow through my ears. :-)

    ReplyDelete