Monday 30 October 2017

Picture Writing.

Cloudless sky, crystal clear water. The beach, so perfect and pristine. Until you reach them. Those domed structures, perched in the shallows. That’s what I’m here to see. All the magazines, and tourist flyers say they’re beautiful. And they are, I guess, in a way. My eyes see further though. There is something about them, something dark and mysterious. I wade out to the algae covered stone. Fish are quietly swimming in and out of the pillars and cracks. You can see the spots where seagulls have perched in the many windows. Slowly I reach out and touch the smooth stone. Time stops. My hand is stuck to the cool rock. I can hear whispers in my head slowly getting louder until they are screams of pain, anxiety and torture. Jolting back I free my hand and cradle it to my chest. Slowly, a drop of blood blossoms there and falls into the water. A light feeling zips around my body and I crumple slowly into the now blood red water.


No comments:

Post a Comment