Thursday 25 August 2016

OLYMPIC WRITING!

We had todo some Olympic writing about you being in a sport at the olympics. It didn't have to be an actual sport, it could be anything so I did dancing!


Boom! The spotlights flooded onto the stage of my dreams. Carefully I run on and take up my position. A huge scoreboard looms over head, bearing my name and flag. Slowly, I turn towards the judges and give a huge smile. I have waited all my life to be here. The music begins, I lift my arms and I’m away. 

Dancing to the music that’s so familiar. My heart beats in time to the song as I twist and turn around the stage. Adrenaline courses through my veins and I launch into the air , as graceful as a phoenix.5,6,7,8. Through my twirls I see the judges whispering to each other. I hope that's a good sign. 

I finish my routine and pose as a huge cheers erupted from the crowd. Leaving the stage, I see the medals come out of a door in the wall, a woman in purple carrying them. Then they call out the winners.

“Bronze! Alesha Carrington, U.S.A! Sliver! Chang Si, China! Gold! Malena Shakespeare, NZ!”  The crowd breaks into applause as I step onto the podium. A shiny gold medal is placed around my neck. I have never felt so happy in my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment